Step 1. is continuous chlorination.
Step 2. is oxidizing contaminants.
Step 3. is applying an algaecide weekly.
Step 1.is as easy as using a chlorine floater that you fill once a week with chlorine tablets and let it float in your pool all week. Yep step one is complete.
Step 2. is so easy, just add shock to your pool each week. Add the shock like this…one – 1 lb. bag of shock per 10,000 gallons.
Most pools usually need 2 to 3 bags per week. And of course follow all application instructions on bag, box or pail of shock.
Step 3. is also easy. Just add one bottle of algaecide to start the season, then each week add 8.ozs. to the pool.
* if your pool is really big add more chemicals to satisfy the gallonage.
* keep your pool clean, and all baskets free of debris.
* run your filter no less than 8 hours per day. if you have a big pool run it longer.
* backwash and clean your filter once a month, or as needed.
* test your pool water weekly and make sure the water is balanced.
* if your not sure what to do ask your local pool guy or contact us!
In conclusion pool care is really easy, just stay on top of it. Follow the 3 basic steps, run that filter, test weekly, and keep it clean.
It’s that easy!